Nine Common Relationship Breakdowns
Below is a list of some common concerns and issues couples often have ... with the #1 issue almost always being communication skills.
In Renewal Work, we can together work beyond these types of breakdowns and concerns and transform them into breakthroughs .... breakthroughs that will enhance your relationship with your partner ... and also with yourself. And importantly, greatly reduce the stress they caused.
The Relationship Trap - Illusions ~ They Catch-up to You Sooner or Later
Relationships are too often based on the illusions we so desperately want to believe ... illusions we don't even know are illusions. Now it's normal for us to have some illusions in our life.
It's just when these illusions of ours are so far from reality as to what's really behind the masks we wear ... and one or both partners wakes up to this ... and what's behind those illusions starts to poke their head in your relationship ... and you will begin to see such signs as conflicts, criticism, defensiveness as forms of communication and interactions.
Kinds of Illusions
- Illusions of Self ... who and what you believe you are
- Illusions of Partner ... who and what you believe your partner is
- Illusions about you ... who and what your partner believes you are
- Illusions about your world ... how it works, right from wrong, good from bad
Disintegration of a Relationship Phases
Some of these illusions are exposed early in a relationship ... while others may take years to reveal themselves. And once exposed, partners soon begin to feel signs of relationship deterioration.
- Dissolution Phase: attempts to fix are futile
- Erosion Phase: conflicts, criticism and defensiveness
- Detachment Phase: ambivalence, anger, apathy